The federal government has apparently determined that PLUS Malaysia is not going to be bought and can stay beneath the management of present shareholders Khazanah Nasional and the Workers Provident Fund (EPF), The Edge Markets studies, citing inside sources.
The sources informed the publication that the freeway concession settlement with PLUS will nevertheless be restructured with an goal to scale back toll charges for the good thing about the individuals. It was beforehand reported that motorists would stand to take pleasure in as much as 18% discount in toll rates on the NSE following a takeover, as introduced throughout Budget 2020.
The Cupboard had mentioned the subject of PLUS on Wednesday, as confirmed by finance minister Lim Guan Eng. He nevertheless said that any announcement on the matter by the federal government could be in writing, because it was a serious announcement.
The nation’s sovereign wealth fund Khazanah, through UEM Group, owns 51% of PLUS, with EPF holding the remaining 49%. Highways operated by PLUS are the North-South Expressway (NSE), Second Hyperlink Expressway, Penang Bridge, North-South Expressway Central Hyperlink, Butterworth-Kulim Expressway and Seremban-Port Dickson Freeway.
Yesterday, Khazanah mentioned through a press release that the federal government has been participating the shareholders of PLUS with the target of decreasing the burden of tolls on freeway customers, relieving the federal government of compensation pressures, in addition to respecting the worth of the freeway concession for present debt and fairness holders.
The souces added that the federal government had not decided but on the proposed takeover of four Klang Valley highways operated by Gamuda. The highways are the Lebuhraya Damansara Puchong (LDP), Sistem Penyuraian Trafik KL Barat (Dash), Lebuhraya Shah Alam (Kesas) and the Sensible Tunnel.
In December, Lim had mentioned that the Cupboard would decide on the proposed takeover of PLUS in addition to the Gamuda-operated highways sometime in January, because it wanted to resolve on the matter rapidly to keep away from paying additional compensation to the concessionaires over frozen toll hikes.
Malaysian police have come out strongly towards unlawful modifications on bikes, particularly these within the highly regarded 150 cc and beneath kapchai class. Chatting with Sinar Harian in a broadcast, Visitors Investigation and Enforcement Division (JSPT) director Datuk Azisman Alias stated his division is taking the matter of unlawful motorbike modification significantly. “Modifying your motorbike...
The winners of the 2020 North American Automobile, Utility and Truck of the 12 months (NACOTY) have been introduced lately, with American carmakers snapping up many of the awards up for grabs. In contrast to earlier editions of the awards, this 12 months’s NACOTY outcomes weren’t revealed along side the Detroit Auto Present, because the...