Prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamed has confirmed that the government will not be selling PLUS, and says the choice to not achieve this is as a result of not one of the bids which have been made are enticing sufficient, The Star reviews.
“We now have studied all of the bids made by the non-public sector, and likewise the bid by Khazanah Nasional. We determined that one of the simplest ways is to not promote PLUS to anyone, however to maintain it with Khazanah Nasional and Workers Provident Fund (EPF),” he mentioned.
He added that PLUS might be given a 20-year extension of its toll concession, however the deliberate 18% reduction in the toll rate – as decided throughout Budget 2020 – could be carried out, and the concessionaire wouldn’t be making that a lot regardless of the 2 decade extension.
“They’ve to scale back the toll charge by 18%, however keep in mind, 18% is about at at the moment’s charge. Meaning, in 20 years’ time, the 18% in comparison with the ringgit charge then won’t be very excessive. Visitors will improve, however the worth and buying energy of the ringgit will go down, so what they earn afterwards (in 20 years) is just not as large as individuals assume they’ll get. It’s because we’re taking a look at it at present charge, and will probably be a flat charge minus 18%,” he mentioned.
The nation’s sovereign wealth fund Khazanah, through UEM Group, owns 51% of PLUS, with EPF holding the remaining 49%. Highways operated by PLUS, which is the nation’s largest freeway concessionaire, are the North-South Expressway (NSE), Second Hyperlink Expressway, Penang Bridge, North-South Expressway Central Hyperlink, Butterworth-Kulim Expressway and Seremban-Port Dickson Freeway.
There was no point out of the proposed takeover of four Klang Valley highways operated by Gamuda. Earlier, it was reported that the federal government had not decided but on the matter. The highways operated by Gamuda are the Lebuhraya Damansara Puchong (LDP), Sistem Penyuraian Trafik KL Barat (Dash), Lebuhraya Shah Alam (Kesas) and the Good Tunnel.
As we usher within the 12 months of the rat this upcoming Chinese language New Yr, Honda Malaysia is providing a money bonus of RM888 on a number of of its 2019 and 2020 mannequin 12 months automobiles from now till January 31, 2020. If that isn’t sufficient, you’ll additionally get to get pleasure from...
The present-generation Toyota Land Cruiser made its debut in late 2007, and the venerable 4×4’s forthcoming successor seems set to make its arrival in August this yr, based on Japan’s Best Car Web. Consistent with the general expertise route adopted by the business, the following Land Cruiser is alleged to characteristic a hybrid powertrain to...